- Click Create content and then choose Page
- Add a Title. This will be displayed at the top of the page as well as in the very top of the browser. Dont make it too long. Try to use keywords as search engines pay attention to this section
- Add page content in the Body. This is teh main part of the page. Read more below under "Formatting Content"
- Ignore Input format (should be set to "Full HTML")
- Ignore Log message
- Add a URL path settings. This creates the page name in the webaddress (eg www.website.com/urlpathsettings) use LETTERS, NUMBERS, UNDERSCORES_ and DASHES – only. Use keywords as search engines pay attention to this section
- Ignore Comment settings (should be set to "Disabled")
- Menu settings:
- Add a Title. This is what displays in the menu (ie the link)
- Description. This is what appears when the user hovers over link. I usually use the same text as the title.
- Choose a Parent item. this is where the page sits in the navigation structure. if yyou scroll down you will see the site navigation. Choose the item that you want your page to sit under .
- Choose the Weight of the link. This controls the order of the link. The smaller the number, the higher it sits.
- File attachments. This allows you to upload images to use on the page. Under each file, the web address is displayed. This is used to insert the image using the Insert Image button on the editor or if you add the image using html. The page must be saved for the images to display in the editor
- Ignore Authoring information
- Ignore Publishing options (should be set to "Published")
- Click Submit button to save your page
There are three ways of formatting the content
- Using the built in wysywig editor. This requires the editor to be installed. This is the simplest way to format your pages. The application gives you a simple interface similar to a word processing application and writes the html for you. It does restrict some of the advanced ways of formating the content so advanced users prefer the other methods. To turn the editor on or off
- go to My Account
- click the Edit tab.
- Click on TinyMCE rich-text settings
- Change the Default State to the setting you desire
- Hand coding the HTML. This is where you format by writing the code your self. This is best for small edits or changes. See below how to format HTML
- Using a HTML coding Application
Edit or Delete Content
- To edit or delete existing content, log in and then bring up the page you wish to edit. Look on the page for an "edit" tab. Depending on your user permissions, you might see this on all pages or only on certain ones.
- Clicking the edit tab will bring up a page with a form for changing the page. Here you can change the text and settings. Once you have the text and settings in a suitable form, click on the "Submit" button on the bottom of the form. Note that certain sites may be set up to require you to "Preview" the page before you can submit your changes.
- If you wish to delete the page (and you have appropriate permissions), click on the "delete" button near the bottom of the form. You”ll get a second chance to confirm that you wish to delete the page, or to change your mind!
- If you cannot find the page you want to edit go to Administer >Content or do a search for it
Visit the Drupal handbooks for advanced help: http://drupal.org/handbooks
ALTERNATE TUTORIAL HERE: